“Every memory I had growing up was involving a basketball. I didn’t go to the prom and stuff like that. It was always basketball for me. So many people doubted me. They motivated me every single day, to be, who I am.”
What a year 2017 has been for Kevin Durant, so many people doubted him. They motivated him every single day, to be, who he is. After becoming a free agent in 2016 while playing for Oklahoma City Thunder “OKC”, this enabled Durant to be able to sign with the Golden State Worriers within the new season. Many of Durant’s fans were happy with the move while other thought with a player of his calibre he could remain with Oklahoma City Thunder and continue to make a huge impact there.
I guess after being in the league for 10 years he felt it high he spread his wings and propel his career further by playing for the Golden State Worriers. Durant attributes his success to his mother in which he says “We weren’t supposed to be here. You made us believe. You kept us off the streets. Put clothes on our backs, food on the table. When you didn’t eat, you made sure we ate. You went to sleep hungry. You sacrificed for us. You the real MVP.”
Half of what you see on the court of Kevin Durant doesn’t say much about him the individual off the court. Funny enough many would be saying “Oh I was supporting him for the day and now it has paid off” but truth be told many are simply “Bandwagionist” and we see and know you all, but it’s all good, let’s wait and see how you going to supporting come next season!!!!
Kevin as a supporter of the game, I among others, salutes you for the hard work and dedication you bring to the sport of basketball. Bet you all don’t know the real Kevin Durant?
Born: September 29, 1988, in Washington, District of Columbia, USA
High School: Montrose Christian School in Rockville, Maryland
College: University of Texas at Austin
Family: Wanda Durant (Mom), Tony Durant (Brother) Brianna Durant (Sister) Rayvonne Durant (Brother)
NBA Draft: 2007 Seattle Supersonics No.2 overall pick in round 1
Position: Small Forward/Power Forward
Teams played for: Seattle Supersonics, Oklahoma City Thunder (OKC) Golden State Worriers (GSW)
NBA Title: 1, voted MVP for 2017
The biggest surprise of it all about Kevin Durant is that:
- He wants to be a music producer when he retires. He already built a million dollar studio in his current home.
- KD aspired to be a Weather Forecaster. Kevin was reported to have a fascination with meteorology before his NBA career started.
- He loves giving back time and money to his community. He has so far donated 1 million dollars to the Red Cross.
- His favourite food is Crab legs and PB&J sandwiches.
- His favourite movie is “Big Momma’s House, he was even cast in a movie in 2012. He played himself in the movie called “Thunderstruck”.
- He owned KD’s Southern Cuisine in OKC. His restaurant closed down following his move to the Bay Area.
- A Christian, Durant goes to chapel before every game and has religious tattoos on his stomach, wrist and back (This is noteworthy for the ladies)
- In an interview with Sports Illustrated, Durant claimed that despite his high earning potential, “global marketing and all that stuff” does not interest him
- One of the most popular players in the league, Durant’s jersey regularly ranks as one of the NBA’s best-selling and he is consistently one of the top All-Star vote-getters.
- Kevin has a love for photography and has done some work The Players’ Tribune
- He has been named Player of the Week 25 times that’s two more than Tim Duncan
- He’s No. 4 in sneaker sales among active players behind Kyrie Irvin, LeBron James and Stephen Curry.
Now you all know a few things about the Golden State Warriors 6’2” Power Forward, Kevin Durant. As you all should know by know nothing really fazes him, what you see is what you get. No matter what team his plays for he always makes it his point of duty to excite his fans and make them leave the game feeling excited. Let see what the NBA season 2018 has in store for KD, hope to see many of you rooting for him once again and sharing in many of his successes and also failures…..